Updated: Mar 19
A delicious, savory chicken dish, in less than 20 minutes!
Caprese is a simple, minimal ingredient Italian salad made with tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella, and balsamic vinegar. It is known for using fresh ingredients.
If you enjoy caprese salad, this dish is fantastic for a quick and easy weeknight meal with extra protein! I also love using this recipe for meal prep.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 tbsp olive oil
1lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tsp Italian seasoning
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tomatoes, sliced (I like Roma tomatoes best)
8-12 fresh basil leaves, torn
4oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook until browned, about 8-10 minutes, and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Transfer to plate.
3. Add garlic to skillet. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add tomatoes to skillet and season with a pinch of salt. Let simmer until soft, about 5 minutes.
5. Return chicken to skillet. Add basil leaves and spoon tomatoes and juices over chicken.
6. Add slices of fresh mozzarella over chicken. Cover skillet with lid until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
7. Remove from heat. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Calories: 316 ● Fat: 13g ● Protein: 40g ● Carbohydrates: 8g
Because there are minimal ingredients in this recipe, you may want to think about using high-quality ingredients to enhance the flavor of your dish!
An MM Wellness Original Recipe